Your year is at an end. So what now?
1) Update your CV - make sure it has all your recent work experience is included.
2) Check out your membership requirements for your Chartered instititution.
- look at the membership work experience required
- Create your own statement of experience in your Company
- Get it signed off by a Professionally qualified person or your manager before you leave. Getting this done after your degree could be more difficult.
- Keep a copy of the Year in Industry Yearbook and make sure you have an entry. If not, create one for yourself.
- Get a written employment reference. You never know when you will need one.
3) Create your 'Linked in' personal profile and make sure your industrial experience is professionally recorded.
4) Make a list of all your professional and YINI contacts and their details, you never know when you might need to get in touch with them again for help or advice.
5) Assess what subjects and options you want to do at University to make sure they are the same now as when you applied a year ago.
6) Apply for any relevent intern or apprenticeships available as you may be able to take your degree whilst working in industry.
7) Read the top 10 employability skills required by Companies, StemNet Top 10 Employability Skills
Whatever you do, I wish you every success and don't forget to let me know how you get on.